I’ll say right off the top that my Q1 resolutions were way too ambitious. That being said, I made a little headway. I’ll have the Q2 resolutions up by April 1st.
- eat better:: eh. I did technically eat better, but I need to do better still. I lost about 5 lbs. in the first quarter. I plan to lose 20 lbs in Q2, mostly by eating better. We’ll see how it goes. I’m getting back on the whole grains – fruits – vegetables – lean meats bandwagon. We’re about to start remodeling our kitchen, so maybe I’ll eat more salads (since I won’t have a working stove).
- exercise more: yeah, right. I can blame it on the bad weather all day, but the truth is that I’m just lazy. I’ve stepped it up a little, though, and I hope to continue that. I’m shooting for 30 minutes, 3 times a week.
- read more good stuff: Sorta happened. I read six novels in Q1, though only one or two might qualify as “literature.” Still, I’d call this one a success.
- get offline more: I got at least one “computer-free” weekend in, and reduced my time online on other weekends. Weekdays were still pretty busy, though.
- sleep more: Not enough.
- Go fishing!: Not NEARLY enough. But, I did spend more time tying flies and at least THINKING about fishing. I should be able to achieve this goal in Q2, so it’s staying on the list.
- make some music: Didn’t happen, but I’m okay with it. I got to express some creativity via some other outlets, so I’m okay with it. Not a focus for Q2, either.
So, overall, I’d give myself a D+ for Q1. Let’s see if I can improve in Q2. Those resolutions coming up soon.