A quick recap of the Q2 results (Q2 Resolutions here):
- fish more: Ha! I don’t even want to talk about it.
- Write more: Ha! Didn’t even think about this one after writing the resolution. 0 for 2
- Cook more: Ha! Mostly derailed by the kitchen remodel taking, um, I think we’re at week 16 or so now. I HAVE been cooking more since the kitchen’s been functional, and I’m really enjoying it. 1 for 3.
- Clean more: Ha! You can’t clean a house that you’re remodeling. Now that we’re coming down to the finish line (God, I hope so, anyway!), this one should be achievable soon. 1 for 4.
Okay, now that that’s over, maybe some Q3 resolutions just for fun:
- Cook more: startin’ with a winner here. A little confidence booster, as I’m enjoying the hell out of cooking in my new 97% completed kitchen (more pics soon!). This’ll help with the eating healthier, too. I can already tell.
- Sleep more: I average 5-6 hours per night. By the end of the week, I’m in serious sleep deprivation territory. I usually catch back up a little on the weekends, but it’s not enough.
- Exercise…um…some (I can’t really call it “more” when I don’t do it at all now): The Wife up and signed us up at the gym last month. She’s been going regularly, but I’ve just started. I’m feeling confident, though. We’ll see how it’s going in three months.
- Listen more: While I’ve spent a lot of time recently working on MAKING music, I’d like to spend more time just LISTENING to music. I don’t mean having music on in the background when I’m doing other things. I mean JUST listening. While sitting and doing nothing much else. I need to slow down in general, but this is something specific I want to do.
Well, folks, there they are. They’re more ambitious than I had planned (especially the exercise part). I know that sleeping and sitting around listening to music don’t seem like much to get resolved to do, but with all that I have going on, it’ll be tough.
See ya next quarter.
EDIT 2007.07.20: Things are going pretty well so far. And, in response to Luke’s comment below: I didn’t so much need a Resolution about roleplaying (esp. Burning Wheel) as I get in at least one session (and WAY too much forum reading/posting time) per week!